Wstępne ogłoszenie o naborze do International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT)
More than 30 positions will be opened soon at a new institute funded by Foundation of Polish Science to be launched at University Gdansk (Poland) in 2018:
International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies (ICTQT)
The founders are Marek Zukowski, as the director, and Pawel Horodecki, as co-applicant. The Centre’s official foreign partner is IQOQI Vienna of Austrian Academy of Sciences.
A series of official calls related with position openings will be announced in second half of 2018. However, we encourage talented and motivated scientists to send informal pre-applications. Those who will pre-apply, will receive the official position announcements directly via e-mail.
Positions will include:
- 4 (four) group leaders (gross ca USD 62000-80000/yr., at the current exchange rate)
- 6 (six) Senior postdocs/senior researchers (gross ca USD 42 000 – 60 000/yr.)
- 12 (twelve) Young postdocs (gross ca USD 33 000-44 000 USD/yr. )
- 9 (nine) PhD students (ca USD 12500 USD/yr., no tax) several negotiable diploma student positions. The salaries are to be paid in PLN, therefore the dollar values may fluctuate. Poland is a country of low cost of living, therefore the purchasing power of the salaries is much higher than its nominal dollar value.
The Centre aims to work on a broad scope of topics, including:
- Quantum cryptography
- Quantum communication
- Quantum computing
- Quantum optics
- Quantum resources (entanglement, Bell nonlocality etc.) Quantum open systems (decoherence, thermodynamics in microregime) Quantum many-body systems
ICTQT plans interactions with business environment. We therefore also encourage candidates who are interested in matching science and business.
At the pre-application stage, please send us information that you might be interested in running for a position (to: email@example.com).
Some information on scientific achievements and interests is welcome.
This stage is fully informal. Specific requirements for actual recruitment procedure will be set by International Scientific Committee of the Centre in the near future.